Friday, February 5, 2010

My apologies, ladies and gentlemen, but I missed blogging yesterday.

What I did not miss was the memorization of scripture.

Yesterday's work proved more difficult than the day before's. The reason for this is not that I had more material to review, but because yesterday's verses were less famous than the day before's. Nevertheless, I did the work according to plan:

I read the Bible, out loud, for thirty minutes. This took me from the end of Genesis 8 to the end of Genesis 18.

I reviewed Genesis 1, verses 1-5.

I learned Genesis 1, verses 6-10, which go like this:

And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters, to separate water from water." So Go made the expanse and separated the water below the expanse from the water above the expanse. And it was so. God called the expanse, "sky". And there was evening, and there was morning, the second day.
And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear", and it was so. God called the dry ground, "land", and the gathered waters He called "seas". And God saw that it was good.

Going through the Bible in this slow fashion is giving me the time I need to reflect on what is happening in these passages. God creates the universe in Genesis 1:1. But the earth is totally chaotic and empty, as shown in Genesis 1:2. Even in this chaotic state, though, God's Holy Spirit is needed to hold it all together, as Genesis 1:2 also shows. From that time on, God forges an orderly universe out of the chaos by His mighty hand, giving form and content to the earth.

I'll post again later today, to tell you what today's efforts have brought!

No comments:

Post a Comment