Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I owe an apology to many people.

I have neglected my commitment to Bible memorization over the past week and a half. I am now too far behind to catch up, and have let my former, noble-sounding commitments go by the wayside.

First, I have sinned against God by ignoring a commitment I made to Him.

Second, I have disrespected all of you by making a big show about "memorizing the Bible", and then quitting a few weeks in.

Finally, I have dishonored myself by choosing mediocre things, like video games, over truly valuabe things, like the knowledge of scripture.

So, confessions having been said, it is time to start back. I can only hope that in the future, God will hep me to remember that this task cannot be accomplished through some monumental effort, or by a few midnight cram sessions (as many of my tasks in grad school were). Rather, tis task can only be done by steady, persistent and unflagging effort over a very, very long time.

Here are today's memory verses:

When Mahalalel had lived 65 years, he became the father of Jared. And after he became the father of Jared, Mahalalel lived 830 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Mahalalel lived 895 years, and then he died.

When Jared was 162 years old, he became the father of Enoch. And after he became the father of Enoch, Jared lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment