Saturday, May 22, 2010

I've been reflecting on why I quit memorizing the scripture for a while, and I think I have an idea.

For various reasons having to do with time management and a lack of discipline, I got behind by a day. No big deal; I just did twice as much the next day. But then I developed the habit of neglecting my studies and making it up on a fairly regular basis. Eventually, I reached the point where I was more than two days behind, and then I was sunk. Catching up seemed so impossible that I just gave up. I meant to start back, but I just kept putting it off more and more. So I wound up doing nothing at all, because I didn't like being behind.

I have decided on a new policy. If I fail to study the Bible on a given day, I won't try to make up today's study tomorrow. That will quickly become unmanageable. Instead, I will simply try again tomorrow, with the same workload as today.

Here are today's verses:

By the first day of the first month of Noah's six hundred and first year, the water had dried up from the earth. Noah then remved the covering from the ark and saw that the surfae of the ground was dry. By the twenty-seventh day of the second month, the earth was completely dry. Then God said to Noah, "Come out of the ark-you and your wife and your sons and their wives. Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you-the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground-so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment