Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well, I took a big step today. I missed yesterday's assignment, and today I did not make up for it! I simply did one day's worth of work, as per usual. And I'm not going to feel bad about it. I'm going to keep trucking along at this nice, manageable pace.

I read about the temple that King Solomon built today. I've been through those passages beore, but I was not quite able to wrap my mind around what the temple looked like. Today I got a beter idea. Wow, that was an impressive building! It is such a shame that it was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C.

Here are today's verses:

Then God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, all the creatures that move along the ground and all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you; just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. And for your lifebood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each man, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man."

No comments:

Post a Comment